I am Nitin ‘Raj’ Srivastava – founder/author of SQLandHadoop.com. This website shall help you in understanding basics of ETL on Hadoop primarily using Hive & Spark. More focus on the SQL part as I want to share my experience as ETL-Developer and Data Engineer. If you are already aware of SQL and just wish to see the difference between different flavours of SQL available in Hive/Spark then also you will find the website helpful.
In the past 7 years, I have done various projects of migrating existing data warehouse into Hadoop and I have shared my experience in this website. Some of the projects are Teradata to Hive or Teradata to Spark , Netezza to Spark , Informatica/Netezza to Spark. So I try to share my learnings from such projects in this website. I am very well versed with the challenges in migration projects – data migration, etl jobs migration , data validation , performance tuning , user acceptance, consumption queries handling etc.
I would like to take this opportunity to answer few FAQs:
How often do you update your website?
Not very often. However whenever I find something interesting in my day to day work and I feel others may too want to learn it then I put it on blog. Also I do revisit my old posts once I have gained more knowledge and I can add to existing posts.
How can I subscribe to your website’s content?
You can subscribe to our blog via the subscription widget on the sidebar/footer. Just enter your email and we will inform you whenever we post a new blog.
How about Hive/Spark Online Training?
If you are looking for any specific topic then feel free to give us a shout out with topic details and we will try to cover it in our future posts. However if you wish to cover several topics and feel training is much more beneficial than just reading a blog then you may contact us too. I am always happy to help you.
Why you should reach out to me?
- If the blog you have read here isn’t enough.
- If you have any specific blog post request.
- If you want us to conduct Hive/Spark Interview on your behalf. We give exhaustive Interview feedback for each candidate.
- If you want us to create Hive/Spark assessment for your organisation. This could be objective or subjective type.
- If you want us to help you in cracking Hive/Spark Interviews. Our Mock Interviews cover various Spark/Hive specific questions and SQL questions to make you feel more confident.
- If you are looking for Hive/Spark Freelancer who can assist you with various ETL activities.
How can I contact you ?
Contacting us is easy. Just leave a comment below and we will get back to you in no time.